Skip to main content

A X-Stitched Heirloom Preserve of a Birth Announcement

So, during the six years that my children were born - I really liked to cross-stitch.  Therefore, I cross-stitched a sampler for each one, complete with: name, birth date, pound-age, etc.
(Some of the info. was covered up to necessitate quick frame-age), but, nonetheless, you get the picture.
Of course I didn't create the patterns for each of the samplers, I merely purchased cross-stitch books with the patterns already inside.  I just chose a pattern that I particularly liked, and that I thought fit my child.  As the youngest ones were born, I got more creative - I think anyway...
They are a long-lasting, time consuming labor of love that you will be able to give to your child "someday". A creative heirloom for them to take with them, whether they want to or not...:)
It will always remind them that you were spending a lot of time thinking about them when they were tiny and putting those thoughts into action.
This is just one more idea on a PRESERVE that will always have fond memories in yours and your child's life.

Comments

  1. i love those! i especially like that drew's is wearing lederhosen...fits.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

PICTURE BOOKS PRESERVE I have had a lot of fun creating family picture books using the website ARTSCOW.COM (thanks to my daughterinlaw Season!) I know there are a lot of sites & stores that you can get your pictures put into a bound book format, however, I have found artscow.com very reasonable (when you take advantage of their often offered discounts &/or free shipping).  The quality is also the best. It has become, for me another method of preserving the tons of pictures that I acquire - I love capturing shots while Skyping with family, especially the g-kids! I always order 2 of the finished book, one for me and one for them. I feel strongly about preserving one's life in many forms, and as I feel like my children grew up with a strong sense of self and who they were, and where they fit in our family and in this life, I am convinced that this is a vehicle that provides that. Here is a sampling of a few books I've made at this website. Enjoy. http://www

One of the Best Ideas (Someone Else Gave Me)

YOUR CREATIONS PRESERVE This history is one of my VERY FAVES! It is a preservation of everything you've ever made. WHAT DO YOU MEAN? You query... Do you craft, sew, sculpt, paint, draw, build, photograph, needlework,decorate... DO YOU CREATE in any way, shape of form? I'll bet you do! Have you ever thought of documenting the items that you've created by photographing them? Do you have something to show for all the time, effort and talent that you've put into all those projects...all those many gifts you've made and given away all these years? What you've created is in part a history of you.  You are in each one of those creations and taking a quick picture of each item you create (even photography) and preserving it in a collection (either physically, or digitally) is a REALLY IMPORTANT THING TO DO! Here are samples of things I've created that I've recorded by photo. Seriously, looking through this history brings back so many memories about t

KIDS SAY THE DARNEDEST THINGS!

I can't believe it! ANOTHER idea - the fog must be lifting for a brief moment in time...quick, I'll take advantage of the clarity... The PRESERVE that I share now is not uniquely mine. I do not take credit for it. Many people record and preserve the cute and amazing things that the little ones in their life say and/or do, so, all I'm doing is putting the bug in your brain to do just that. When you hear or see something that just tickles your funny bone, or warms your heart said or done by a special little one in your life - TRY, TRY, TRY, to write it down and preserve it. Anything and everything you do, to preserve and share with your loved ones as they grow, can only strengthen their sense of self and build their confidence as they see that what they do and say matters to you. It is worth the effort. Here are a few ideas I used that made this preservation possible (nice illiteration)... We will call this preservation: "KIDDIE CUTES" (as in cute things they say a